Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Friday, May 17, 2013

Cinnamon Swirl Recipe - Very Easy!

Once again, life has taken over and posts here just don't happen, but I thought I'd try and post a quick recipe that I made with Littlest W yesterday.

I love cinnamon swirls and this recipe was so quick and easy! It's slightly adapted from the BBC's Good Food website.

Ingredients:
  • 50g butter or margarine
  • 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • Raisins
  • Sheet of puff pastry 320g (I used Jus-Rol)
Method:
  • Mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon together until soft.
  • Spread over the sheet of pastry.
  • Sprinkle raisins over the top.
  • Roll up into a sausage.
 
  • Slice and place onto a greased baking tray.
  • Sprinkle a little more sugar over the top.
  • Bake for 15 - 20 minutes on 200C/180C fan/gas 6.

When I make them again (as I most definitely will!) I might make a bit more mixture. You can also add some chopped almonds if you like. Highly recommended as something the kids can help with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!