Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel Recipe

This is my absolute favourite bagel ever! When I used to work in the West End (about a 30 second walk from Selfridges - not good!), there was a tiny bagel place I often bought lunch in. I've no idea if it's still there, but I would always order the same. This is quite unusual for me as I love experimenting with food and rarely order the same meals in restaurants even if I've loved it before.



Anyway, this is what you need to recreate for yourself:
  • Poppy seed bagel (as you can see from pic, this is a sesame seed bagel, as Tesco didn't have any poppy seed ones. Not quite the same but it was still very tasty!)
  • Cream cheese
  • Sandwich salmon
  • Black pepper
  • Lemon juice
Toast the bagel, spread with cream cheese, lay a slice of salmon on top, sprinkle with black pepper and add a drizzle of lemon juice. Enjoy!

Just to add, I asked for this bagel when I was in Vancouver and they had no idea what I was talking about! I ended up with cheese and chive. I thought this was amusing as Vancouver is known for its salmon. One of those things I love about travelling... Maybe Canadians think salmon's a really odd thing to put in a bagel??

What's your favourite bagel?





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe. This will certainly bring a twist to our usual way of eating bagels which is with cream cheese or dips. I will definitely have a try of this or when you have a catering Fort Lauderdale event (for instance). Thank you so much! You have shown us another way of enjoying the famous bagels!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!