Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Friday, June 15, 2012

Chicken Stuffing Recipe

Mr W does the weekly shop with the little W's on a Saturday while I do tutoring. He always has a fully prepared list (I'll post about my menu planning soon actually) and goes through it before he leaves. Last Saturday I actually heard him read "stuffing mix" but he came home with stir-fry. It wasn't even written in the stir-fry section!

Well, this meant I needed to make my own stuffing for Sunday dinner when my parents came over. Luckily, this recipe needs very few ingredients, most of which you're likely to have in the cupboard anyway.

So, to make around a dozen stuffing balls, you'll need:

  • 160g breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 2 apples
  • Some herbs like sage, thyme or parsley

To make, simply mix the breadcrumbs (I just put a couple of slices of bread in the food mixer to make breadcrumbs), chopped up apple and the herbs in a bowl, add the egg, mix some more then roll into balls and place on a greased baking tray.

I cooked them for about 30 minutes on whatever temperature the chicken was on - around 180 - 190 degrees.

As for how much of the herbs... well, I think this is down to personal taste. I don't often measure things like herbs, just trial and error.

And here's how they turned out...

They were pretty yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!