Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Family Line-Up!

Do you know what I would love to be able to do? Line up all my ancestors, starting with my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and go all the way back to the very beginning. Wouldn't it be amazing to see exactly where you've come from?

These are my paternal great-grandparents:


I love this photo. It's so British and 'of the era'! Sitting on the beach fully clothed!

I've always had a fascination with genealogy. My dad and I and one of my brothers have spent a lot of time researching our family history. We've got back to the 1700s, which isn't all that far. It's so frustrating when you just can't get any further.

And these are my maternal great-grandparents on their allotment:



Sadly, this desire to line up my ancestors is rather unlikely to ever happen!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vic

    Funny I just saw your post on family history- I just added a page to my blog where I hope to write about various family discoveries and tips!

    I think the photo of Gt Grandparents Johnsons- was taken in a rose garden...at least someone said rose garden, could have been wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'll have to have a look... Hmm, this is also where things get frustrating isn't it? Not being too sure on the details. I'm sure Mum said their allotment but maybe she didn't!

      Delete

I love to read your comments!