Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Friday, July 17, 2009

How much more will we have to buy?!

Over the last couple of months we've had to buy: a new hoover, a new washing machine, a new mattress and a front door. On top of this, our landline phone's just started going funny and the little man decided to put Mr W's mobile in the toilet. Have been told it can't be fixed and isn't under warranty due to "water damage by the customer". Oh great! Okay, we didn't really expect them to fix it, but you can only try...


I'm also hoping that we won't need to put up a new fence too. Our neighbour's dog got into our garden the other day. Now, don't get me wrong, I love dogs. We used to have a beautiful yellow Labrador, Tiggy, who I really miss... But I don't want a strange dog coming in uninvited to play with my toddler! Oh and the shed's falling apart and the shower's either too hot or too cold, but I won't even start thinking about that.

Anyway, onto positive things... The porch is coming along. Here's my brother doing the brickwork:




Our veggie patch has shot up too:




Sorry, bad photo, but it's raining! Shh, photographers aren't allowed that excuse!

As for my online activities, I've now set up shop on Etsy. I found Etsy about a year ago, which then led me to Folksy. I've stuck with Folksy simply for ease in dealing with pound sterling, but I need to start promoting further afield and there are so many photographers on Etsy. Although that means more competition, it also means (hopefully) more people go to Etsy to buy photographs. Have joined Flickr too, but I'm not doing so well with that. Haven't worked out how to get any views yet!

4 comments:

  1. Your shop is lovely - especially Red Eye London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our house is just the same - one thing after another just breaks - but it's never cheap things!! It's washing machines & fridges shhhh better not say that too loud - don't want to encourage them - LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!