Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Friday, June 12, 2009

Shiny new books

The postman knocked today with a big(ish) parcel for me. I knew exactly what it was and became very excited as I opened it. Hurrah! My new polymer clay books! And here they are...




I just love books and these ones are full of delightful pictures. I've been playing around with some ideas for clay photos (fairies and elves in particular) for a while now and they're not turning out quite like I'd hoped, so I thought I should get some books to help with the basic techniques. I always have little niggling concerns that I'm going to copy something and not realise so I try to do things on my own, but I guess there's no harm learning from others and adapting things to make them your own, is there? Oh, by the way, three of these books are meant to be from my husband for my birthday, but hey, I only had a little peek...

Also while I was out in the garden I tried taking some photos of roses, which my cousin's asked me to do. Only problem is, the slightest breeze and the photos blur. I really don't want to cut them and bring them indoors!

2 comments:

  1. I love parcels too especially when they contain books.
    Learning different techniques isn't copying, sounds like you have quite clear design ideas anyway, don't worry just have fun. Debs:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!